Accounting Conferences and Tech Updates
In this episode, I will talk about how I’m planning to make the podcast better for all the listeners, but first, I’ll talk about my blindness and my new refreshable Mantis Q40 Braille Display device that helps me write notes and keep me organized.
Welcome to the second episode of theBookSight Podcast, a weekly show hosted by myself, Taylor Arndt, and it’s dedicated to accounting, bookkeeping, and small business tasks. In this episode, I will talk about how I’m planning to make the podcast better for all the listeners, but first, I’ll talk about my blindness and my new refreshableMantis Q40 Braille Display device that helps me write notes and keep me organized.
Since I want to be a champion of accessibility, I have decided to include transcripts for my podcasts so that people who are deaf or hard of hearing can be able to enjoy my content, as well as others who maybe are in the car or who don't want to listen to the sound but want to read a text transcript. Please stay tuned for this and much more updates!
[00:00:55] Today’s sponsor for the Podcast: Taylor’s Financial Services
[00:01:27] The format for upcoming BookSight podcasts
[00:02:33] Upcoming conferences and QuickBooks Connect updates
[00:08:57] Taylor talks about her blindness
[00:11:28] Taylor’s new refreshable braille display device
[00:13:02] Podcast editor: Michael Babcock
[00:15:18] The microphone Taylor is using
[00:16:13] Transcripts for all the BookSight podcasts
[00:18:18] The BookSight Podcast website
[00:23:07] Setting your Business Up for Success in the New Year series, January 2023
● Using braille is how people who are blind can read, and it helps me to be able to be more efficient because I won't have to listen to speech in my ear constantly; I can be able to reference this Braille and have my notes.
● The Mantis Q40 is helpful because I can write notes down and keep myself more organized.
● If you guys have a podcast and want to help make sure it sounds good, I don't know of a better person to check out than PayOwn Media.
● But the way I view it, transcripts are an accessibility feature, and I want my podcast to be a role model of accessibility in the bookkeeping and financial industry.
● I will be a champion of accessibility, and so one of those areas of accessibility that I want to make sure that I live up to is including transcripts of my podcasts so that people who are deaf or hard of hearing can be able to enjoy my content, as well as others who maybe are in the car, or who don't want to listen to the sound but want to read a text transcript.
Mantis Q40 Braille Display:Mantis Q40 Braille Display
PayOwn Media Website:PayOwn Media
ATR2100 Audio-Technica Microphone:ATR2100 Audio-Technica Microphone
CPA Site Solutions Website:https://www.cpasitesolutions.com/
The BookSight Podcast:
To connect with Taylor:
To connect with Michael Babcock: